Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Argument Writing

Room 1 have been learning about writing an argument. They give their opinion and some reasons to convince you to agree. See what you think!

In my opinion we should be allowed to play with the cameras at school. Everyone can look at the photos and then you can delete them so you don't waste the memory. Then we can do it all over again. And we already know how to do close-ups, medium and long shots. We will take pictures of good things happening all over the school. We will be careful. - Sarah M

In my opinion we shouldn't be allowed marshmellows at school because it isn't good for you because it has sugar in it. Sugar makes your teeth rot. Other people would follow you. - Alex

In my opinion we should be allowed fizzy drinks at school because it is yummy and it cools you down on a hot summer's day. - Casey

In my opinion we should be allowed to play on the computer all day. We should be allowed to play maths games because we learn our maths on there. It's a good idea to learn it when I am 5 or 6, not 10, because that is way too old to learn them when you are 10. I should be allowed and in my opinion the teacher will have more time to do stuff! - Sarah W

In my opinion we should be allowed to have chocolate at school. Why? Because it is healthy for us to eat - that's why. It is yummy for you. It tastes like seeds. It is healthy for your teeth because it is made from milk. - Mererau

In my opinion we should be allowed to have icecream at school because it is yummy and it is good for you because it is made from milk. - Zion

In my opinion Room 1 should be allowed to play in the sandpit every day because we won't let the bad boys come in. We will play nicely. It makes us happy so we are happy in the classroom. - Ryan

In my opinion we shouldn't have sugar at school because it is not good for you. It makes your teeth rot. It makes you fat. - Nakisha

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great arguments you all had. I agree with Sarah M you should be allowed to use that cameras, but only if you look after them.
Alex had a great argument that sugar does make your teeth rot.
Water is also cool Casey and it has no sugar in it.
What a great idea to do maths all day Sarah W, but what about learning to read and play outside?
I love chocolate also Mererau, but it does have a lot of sugar in it which is bad for your teeth.
Ice Cream would be great in school Zion but what about all that sugar.
I think you should be allowed to play in the sandpit Ryan especially if it makes you happy in class.
Yes Nikisha, sugar is bad and can rot your teeth.
Mrs Meades

Anonymous said...

Hi Room 1,
In my opionion, I agree with Mrs Meades, especially that sugar is bad for your teeth. I have too many fillings from eating too much sugar!
From Mrs Rogers